Sunday, November 3, 2013

Num Pang-NYC

Num Pang
1129 Broadway
(between 26th St & 25th St)
New YorkNY 10010
Neighborhood: Flatiron


As seen on
-Unique Eats

One can never really get enough Num Pang sandwiches. This would be the second location I've hit up, the first being the one by Grand Central. I have to say that the Flatiron location is decidedly better and nicer provided there is a lot more space plus the addition of actual seats and tables. The food and service is otherwise all the same.

Num Pang makes Cambodian sandwiches. I went with the tiger shrimp and the 5spice pork belly. Their number one would be Five Spiced Glazed Pork Belly. I actually preferred the shrimp. These Cambodian sandwiches reminded me of bahn mi's.  Everything was delicious, the pork was substantial in size, and it was moist and so much flavor everything attacking your mouth. The bread is crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. The seasoned shrimp is sandwiched in layers of pickled, shredded vegtables, topped with cilantro. Delightful, to say the least. Top that off with fresh watermelon juice and your good to go. I seriously daydream about these flavors all the time. Total explosion in my mouth. Flavor bomb. Nonetheless, you can't go wrong with the sandwiches here. Num Pang is undoubtedly my number one sandwich spot in Manhattan at the moment.






No comments:

Post a Comment