Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dinosaur BBQ-NY

Dinosaur BBQ
246 W Willow St
Syracuse, NY 13202

Locations in:
Troy, Harlem,
Syracuse, Rochester





As seen on
-Man Vs Food
-My Life in Food
-Chowdown Countdown
-The Best Thing I Ever Ate
-Food Network Star
-and more

Dinosaur BBQ may be the most well known BBQ joint in the country. I mean, you can even buy their sauces in Walmart. Ive seen them on every TV show and win every award. I always dreamed of going to Syracuse or Harlem to get some of their BBQ but Syracuse was to far away for a day trip. Then I heard they were opening a spot in Troy, I was there that weekend.

Located right on the Hudson River in Troy, Dinosaur was over flowing with people. Had to wait 45mins to be seated on a Saturday morning and my inlaws waited an hr and 45 on a Saturday night. So be prepared!
I really went into this experience being sceptical. I wanted to not like their BBQ. I wanted to say it was all hype. As soon as my chicken wings hit the table and I took one bite I knew it was all true. By far the best chicken I have ever put in my mouth. Smokey, crispy, spicy, sweet, BBQ. The ribs and my pork-sket sandwich followed blowing my mind. Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, corn bread, beans all amazing. Was this really the best BBQ I have ever had? Simply said yes. But it comes at a price. At one dollar a chicken wing and almost $30 for a rack of ribs, $16 for a sandwich this was the most expensive BBQ I have ever had. Ive learned a few things thru my food travels. You have to pay for perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment