Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gus's Hot Dogs-NY

Gus's Hot Dogs
212 25th St
Watervliet, NY 12189
(518) 273-8743

As seen on
-Nothing Yet

Unless you are from the capital region of New York you probably haven't had or heard of mini hot dogs. I haven't come across these mini hot wieners anywhere else in the country. Located only 1mile apart Famous Lunch and Gus's Hot Dog stand have been battling over the best mini dogs for over 50yrs. The mini dogs and mini rolls are all made local just for them. The sauce is alittle burnt tasting and has more cumin then I am use to in my sauce. I give the edge to Famous in the wiener department but Gus's has hamburgers and amazing sausage and peppers for $1.70. At 65cents each people order these dogs ten at a time. This is the cheapest place to grab some grub I have ever come across. I spent $8 with a drink and had 2 sandwiches to bring home for lunch the next day.So order up a pile of doggies and pull up a chair. Chowdown on a local legend. Go to both and you be the judge. They are only 5min drive apart!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment