Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tal Bagels-NYC

Tal Bagels
979 1st Ave
New York, NY 10022

As seen on
-The Best Thing I Ever Ate

When you talk about NYC bagels, everybody has their favorite. Ess-A bagel, Murray's, H&H, Tal. It's a dispute that is a 100 yrs old. Its kinda all up to personal preference. Tal was picked on the Food Network show The Best Thing I Ever Ate "at a deli" episode. I scooped up my favorite go to, an  everything bagel with scallion cream cheese. It was crunchy and gooey on the inside just like a NY bagel should be. It wasn't the crustyiest or the gooest, and it didn't have the most flavor I've ever had. It was kinda like the dictionary version in your head of what it should be but not excelling in any one criteria lol. The key is getting a bagel while its still warm. After it cools it totally changes the consistency of the inside.  My only complaint would be there wasn't enough flavor on the everything bagel. I'm a sucker for huge gooey undercooked bagels so I'm still partial to Sunrise in Kingston. But a true NY bagel enthusiast would think Sunrise bagels are no good because they aren't crusty on the outside and they are too big. Tal will continue to be in the top 3NYC bagel discussions for years to come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment