Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Caracas-NYC

Caracas
93 1/2 E 7th St
New York, NY 10009

As seen on
-Throwdown
-Unique Eats

I've had some serious venezuelan food and I've seen the arepa girls of Caracas on Throwdown. So I had some really high standards for this place. Arepas are  little sandwhichs made with a cornmeal bun and filled with delicious meats sauces and vegi's. Latin food uses big flavor and boy is it good. Maybe I hit this place on the wrong day but the areapa was bland and needed salt or something. I've had better and they were kinda small and expensive. You coud easily eat 2 and 3 for a dinner. Valencia Luncheria in Norwalk CT blows this place away in every category. The meats and sauces were good but I just couldnt get over the bun/bread. With so many food choices in the east village I wont be stopping back here again. There are better places to grab lunch on the same street. O ya 3 of the 4 we ordered were wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment