Monday, January 2, 2012

Tea and Sympathy-NYC

Tea and Sympathy
108 Greenwich Ave
New York, NY 10011

As seen on
-The Best Thing I Ever Ate

This is the most authentic place that i've ever been to. I have never been so transported while walking into a spot. An amazing place for a cozy meal and amazing scones & tea even the employees have thick accents. It's a tiny little British themed tea spot and when I say little I mean you cant even walk in. Scones come in pairs w/ clotted cream and jam.What is clotted cream anyways? Meals are well portioned and reminds me of real  home-cooking. There is a gigantic selection of amazing teas and pudding for dessert. The only downside is that if you get scones, tea and dessert, it'll put you over $40 easy. But it's so worth it that it's hardly a down side. Oh, also it seats probably 20 at most at a time, so if you go during peak times, there will be a wait, period. I highly recommend for special occasions or just to treat oneself and a friend once in awhile. The assortment of crazy British desserts for afternoon tea is great. Ive never been to Britain but I cant imagine it being any different.O ya I almost forgot do yourself a favor and stop at Asalt and Battery next door for Throwdown winning best fried fish in the country.


No comments:

Post a Comment