Sunday, June 5, 2011

This Little Piggy Had Roast Beef-NYC

This Little Piggy Had Roast Beef
149 1st Ave
New York, NY 10003


As seen on
-Oddities
 
Stopped by to try the roast beef and was not disappointed. This place is wedged into a pretty small location, but it's sandwiches are huge on flavor. No tables, just counters to eat at and the walls are covered with the donated dollars of customers.
The menu has three sandwich offerings, the "This Way", the "That Way" and something else that I do not recall. I had the "ThisWay", a tender, slow roasted beef sandwich, cheez whiz, and the bun dipped and soggy in the au jus. The "That Way" was picked in New York Magazine's 101 Best Sandwiches in New York issue. It lived up to my expectations. Can't wait to go back and try the "That Way".

Beware of the food tours on the weekend.  This place is tiny, basically only 4-6 people can eat in there at one time.  It got pretty crowded when a huge food tour came in.  The line was like 15 deep.  Man was I happy that I ordered before they got there. Add this to your list, even if you're not a huge meat eater, this may be the pinnacle of roast beef. The whole time I was eating I was thinking I wish the Philly CheeseSteaks at Pat's and Gino's were this good.

No comments:

Post a Comment