Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Brook's House of BBQ-NY

Brook's Bar-B-Q
5560 State Highway 7
Oneonta, NY 13820
(607) 432-1782
www.brooksbbq.com/
 
As seen on
-No tv shows yet but I really think they will be in the near future
 
Brook's is an upstate NY institution. Bringing their chicken all across New England i'm sure you have seen the signs at your local church or firehouse. Ive been going to Brook's since I was a child with my family. It was always something special I associated with fall and Cooperstown. It is a special place I hold in my heart. I was reading reviews online and alot of people where complaining this wasn't good bbq. Well if you ask me Brook's doesn't serve bbq chicken. Their sauce is vinegar based and tangy and tart almost citrus I cant even explain. It is so unique and so addictive. They do not serve that redish brown slop you get at texas road house. They have the biggest grill on the east coast and you can order chickens 100 at a time. Expect at least a 30min line on weekends. My favorite thing to do is drive my car around back and put my windows down right in front of the pit. The smoke pouring into my car makes me salivate. The ride out to Oneonta is nice especially in the fall. Make a day out of it you wont regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment