Friday, January 7, 2011

Baby Cakes-NYC

Baby Cakes
248 Broome St
New YorkNY 10002



As seen on
-Unique Eats


Baby Cakes is a super cute bakery/cupcakery in the lower east side. Kind of a pinup 50's vibe. The staff was cute too which is always a plus.  Baby Cakes specializes in gluten free vegan baked goods and really caters to the people who have allergies to glutens. Everyone raged about how good the place was even though it was gluten free and that sometimes can taste not so good. So we picked up a few cupcakes to go. I really did want to love this place. I really did want to like gluten free cupcakes. But man was I wrong. I couldn't even finish my lemon cupcake HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! My friends couldn't finish theirs either. This cupcake tasted weird. I don't even know how to explain it. I was not a fan at all. Although it wasn't bad it wasn't anywhere as good as a real cupcake from any bakery Ive ever been to. I might actually prefer a cupcake from Walmart Yikes!
Supposedly their doughnuts are way better and they have these biscuits they fill with yogurt and jam and stuff which are suppose to be great. I definitely wont be making a special trip but if i happen to walk by ill try a doughnut.

No comments:

Post a Comment