Saturday, December 18, 2010

Eileen's Special Cheesecake-NYC

Eileen's Special Cheesecake
17 Cleveland Pl
New YorkNY 10012



As seen on
-FoodCrafters
-Food Feuds


I've heard of Eillen's Special for a few years now and after recently seeing it on another food show (FoodFeuds) I decided it was time to make the journey. Ive been to the original Junior's in Brooklyn which was the best cheesecake I've tasted to date so my expectations were high. Small shop with maybe 20 different cheesecakes to choose from. Fruits, chocolates,nuts, carmel, peanut butter, whatever your heart desires. I wanted the taste test to be equal and get the true flavor of what Eileen's is working with so I went with plain. 


Unfortunately, I was completely disappointed. The two friends I was with were also disappointed. I've had plenty of homemade cheesecakes better then this. Not to mention that Junior's is mind blowingly better. It was just kinda the cheesecake i would expect at the diner. Gram cracker crust alittle soggy and i don't know what to say. I wont be wasting my precious stomach space while I'm in NYC on this cheesecake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment