Friday, December 10, 2010

Porchetta-NYC

Porchetta
110 E 7th St
New YorkNY 10009



As seen on
-Unique Eats


This little piggy went to the market.... And this little piggy went wee wee wee all the way to Porchetta to sacrifice himself for humankind to indulge in perfect porkfection. 


Let me say first off, I love places that only serve 1 thing. When a restaurant or bake shop only serves one thing it better be dam good. This type of menu offers the restaurant a chance to focus  and spend time and effort into doing one thing perfect. There are alot of these trendy places in the city and usually they are a cut above the rest. Now on to the pork.


I wasn't sure what to expect when I entered Porchetta but I was greeted by a friendly guy and piles of pork. Huge pork roasts under glass that looked unlike any Ive seen before. All they serve is a Porchetta platter or sandwich and a few sides.  Sandwich was $10 and on the small side. The crispy puffs of pork skin that are spread thru out the tasty seasoned pork are unreal. The skin is what really makes Porchetta the best. I have never had anything like it. So hard and crunchy but so light and airy. Porchetta is also conveniently located on E 7th right next to McSorelys, Butterlane, Lukes Lobster, Pomme Frittes etc..... I mean the roll was crusty and perfect. The seasoning was spot on. This is a must go to spot.  Porchetta may be the smallest restaurant I have ever been in. If your still not convinced, while i was there Star Jones came in and ordered a bag of Porchetta sandwiches to go.  Stop whatever your doing and go here now!!!!!!


This was one of my few culinary moments when everything changes. Time stops and never again will I find pork like this anywhere. You realize you are tasting something above the rest, something that can change the way we look at food. 


No comments:

Post a Comment