Saturday, December 4, 2010

Roni Sue's-NYC

Roni Sue's
Essex Street Market, #24
120 Essex St

New YorkNY 10002



As seen on
-FoodOgraphy


Long before Roni Sue's was on the cooking channel, I arrived looking for chocolate covered bacon. I thought I would be original giving my wedding guests bags of chocolate covered bacon as party gifts. So after spending hrs on the google I only found a handful of places in the country making this treat. This one being the closest. I walked into the Essex St market not knowing what to expect. This place is what I would consider a dumpy, run down market that time has forgot. I walked right past Roni Sue's without even notice and had to go around the market again to find her. $38 a pound for chocolate covered bacon is steep and I believe since being on TV she has raised her price even more. I got a 1/2 lb milk and a 1/2 lb dark. Well turns out a half pound is way to much for 2 people. After 2 pieces I was done. So i suggest you get a 1/4 or 1/8 and share it between 2 or more. Roni Sue's calls her creation Pig Candy. Crispy extra crunchy bacon covered in thick chocolate. I thought this was going to be epic!!!!! It was a surprise when the pig candy was simply OK and I don't see myself going back. Bacon has become a huge trend in the states, people are making bacon everything nowa days. Sounds good to me I Iove Bacon. If you have never had chocolate covered bacon I would suggest you try it at least once. Maybe its not for everybody. Don't get me wrong I would totally munch a few pieces if presented in front of me. But I'm not going to go out of my way for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment