Monday, July 26, 2010

Magnolia Bakery-NYC


Magnolia Bakery
401 Bleecker St
New YorkNY 10014





Magnolia is definitely credited with starting the cupcake trend in NYC. After being seen repeatedly on SEX IN THE CITY this bakery has acquired cult status. Long lines and celebrities rave about their cupcakes. I tried their cupcakes at the Grand Central stand and was extremely disappointed and hoped that going to the actually bakery things might change. There wasn't much of a line, I was told that was rare. The cupcakes were help your self and they trusted you to come to the register and pay. I could have easily left and no one would have noticed. I cant believe people praise these cupcakes. They are so dry. Its like the worst cake I have ever had. The frosting almost saves it. Its more of a whipped cream base then cream cheese. I have no need to ever go back to this place. Crumbs cupcakes are still the best in my book. But despite my feelings you will still find a line on Bleecker St everyday for these.
As seen on
-Sex and the city
-Im sure a bunch of other shows


No comments:

Post a Comment