Thursday, June 3, 2010

Frank Pepe's Pizza-CT

Frank Pepe's Pizza
157 Wooster Street
New Haven, CT 06511
(203) 865-5762







Having heard the rave reviews of New Haven style pizza and reading about the decades-long rivalry between Pepe's and Sally's I new I had to check it out. I like to try local favorites when I travel but I love thick gooey crust style pizza. Pepe's originated the New Haven-style thin-crust apizza (closely related to Neapolitan-style Italian pizza) which he baked in a coal-fired brick oven. The quality of the pizza was good, and trying clam pizza was unique (and tasty!). I also loved the old-school, no frills baking sheet the pizza was served on. Overall I'm glad I made the trip to experience the historic and local character, but having tried it once I would not hurry back to dine again. Expect to wait inline at least 15-60mins. Also no slices only whole pies.


Clam pie was really great. Lots of whole clams and garlic.


As seen on
- Pizza Paradise
-Chowdown Countdown
-Best Places I've Ever Been
-Follow That Pizza
-Pizza Outside The Box
-Top 5 Restaurants

No comments:

Post a Comment